The City & Guilds Textbook: Carpentry & Joinery for the Level 1 Diploma (6706)
Stephen Redfern, Stephen Jones
Lay the foundation for a career as a carpenter or joiner with this highly illustrated and accessible book published in association with City & Guilds.
Suitable for the 6706 Diploma, as well as other Level 1 carpentry and joinery qualifications, the book covers everything you need to kick-start your journey in the construction industry: the principles of construction, how to use hand and power tools, woodworking joints, fixings and ironmongery, and health and safety.
- Study with confidence with content based on the latest industry standards.
- Get ready for the workplace with 'Industry tips', 'Health and safety' reminders and 'Improve your maths/English' tasks.
- Enhance your understanding of tools and key concepts in carpentry and joinery with clear and accurate technical drawings and step-by-step sequences.
- Re-cap knowledge with 'Key terms' features and a detailed glossary.
- Prepare for assessment with practice questions, practical tasks and activities.
- Develop core skills with expert authors Stephen Jones and Stephen Redfern, who draw on their extensive teaching and industry experience.